Natural herbal remedies are drawing the attention of many traditional medical practitioners to rapidly recognize the ability of the hundreds of thousands of known herbs that have the ability to treat and prevent various human and animal illnesses, as well as properties that can enhance mental attitude, appearance, and performance.
We can benefit from many centuries of experimentation by many cultures, for example Indian herbal medicine (Ayurvedic), Chinese herbal medicine, and western herbal medicine. These have created many uses for plants either singularly or in compounds, and sometimes animal by-products to prevent and treat various conditions and illnesses.
A natural remedy can be anything from tea, to complex preparations of herbal compounds used in hospitals and clinics. These formulas come in many forms such as capsules, pills, ointments, teas and gels.
You may be using some of the common herbs as a food in your home such as:
- Garlic–natural antibiotic and helps reduce cholesterol
- Cinnamon–lowers blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides
- Ginger–prevents motion sickness and lowers risk of blood clots
- Chamomile Tea–calms nerves and help relieve digestive problems
- Peppermint–Treats many digestion and gastrointestinal problems
- Tumeric — Improves memory and brain function
- Red Clover Tea — Cleans and purifies blood
These common herbs may be mixed with other proven natural products to achieve a particular result.
Traditional medicine is very useful for diagnosis, emergencies, trauma and surgery, but often does not cut it for preventing disease from occurring. The time and wait needed to visit a doctor to get a prescription, and the ever growing cost of medicine is allowing an opportunity for many people to try to get help from natural products.
Some traditional medicines have adverse side effects. Natural, is not necessarily safe, and may have unwanted side effects just as with conventional medicines, however a large ever growing number of the population have been using herbals, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids for many years with very favorable results and no adverse effects.
Natural herbal products are now available for use by adults, children, and pets to remedy countless conditions from Angina and Arthritis, to skin care remedies, thyroid treatment, urinary tract infection and an unlimited number of other disorders. It is something you can do yourself in your own home as a tea or a salve and is to promote health rather than treat sickness.
One of the many natural herbal remedies could be your simple remedy to address and ease various illness. Educate yourself about herbal remedies and teas to use this most valuable and easy well-spring of health.
- Herbal Supplements and Pregnancy (everydayfamily.com)
- One of America’s Favorites – Herbs (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Herbalism to Promote Health and Healing for Horses and People (theequineapothecary.wordpress.com)