For those of you that have mild constipation, here is a morning smoothie that will help activate your colon. This smoothie is packed with nutrients that your body will use to regenerate your colon and body.
Make enough to drink right away and to put into in a thermos to drink around 10 am.
When making this drink just start putting things in the blender without measuring. You can do the same and make adjustments as you go.
around a teaspoon or less of the following:
- brown sesame
seeds (high in lecithin, vitamin C, E, and Calcium. They improve
liver function and help in constipation)
- sunflower seeds (high protein, Calcium, and iron. They are one of the best natural foods
which feeds the entire bod)
- flax seeds (high in fiber and provide bulk for your stools)
- almonds – use around 6-7 or more. (high in Calcium,
Phosphorus and have some B-vitamins. Only a few because they are high in
- half cup almond milk and half cup apple juice
Whiz this small amount at the bottom of your blender for about 3 minutes. The nuts will make a smooth white cream when they are blended enough. Add a bit more juice or milk if needed to keep the creamy consistency. then add:
- one peeled banana
- 4-5 strawberries or other type of berries, or fruits
- one tablespoon of lecithin granules
- one – two teaspoons of flax seed oil
If you need a little sweetness, you can add a small amount of honey. It should be plenty sweet without any honey. If you like add the powder of a few acidophilus capsules. This will improve the friendly bacteria in your gut, especially if you have been taking an antibiotic recently. Antibiotics kill all bacteria, friend or foe, so this friendly bacteria should be replaced soonest to increase the successful working mechanisms of the gut. If you really need to be “moved” try the old-fashioned but oh, so effective ingredient – prunes – one or two in the smoothie will most likely do the trick.
This is a powerful smoothie to give you morning power and to activate your colon to get moving.
- Smoothie Station (casadefamiliagarcia.wordpress.com)
- Milk Allergy / Intolerance Diet for Toddlers (everydayfamily.com)
- Sneaky Spinach (runhunny.com)
- Nutty Chocolate Monkey Smoothie (truefoodlove.wordpress.com)
- Let’s Get the Flax Facts! (somethingtochew.com)
- Myilk Does a Body Good… (gigismeanderings.com)
- The Top 10 Healthiest Seeds on Earth (usahitman.com)
- 3 Classic Smoothie Recipes (hackcollege.com)
- 3 Green Smoothie Recipes- Great For St. Patrick’s Day! (familyfocusblog.com)
- A Smoothie A Day… (missbfit.wordpress.com)