It’s that time of year again where virus’ and bacteria’s run a-muck and play havoc on our bodies. When the seasons change we get the latest local infections. The best time to start is now to prepare for the cold and flu season.
There is no magic bullet in creating a healthy immune system. The best place to start is eliminating junk foods and junk beverages from the diet. Adequate rest and moderate exercise are also important.
There are certain supplements that are known for preventing sickness or taken during sickness to speed up recovery. Some of these are echinacea, goldenseal, elderberry, ginseng, astragalus, mullein leaves, yerba santa leaves, parthenium root, capsicum fruit, yarrow, pau d’arco bark, and colloidal or ionized silver.
There are many immune building multiple’s that contain many of the supplements mentioned above. The trick is to start taking 2 a day in September and continue till spring. Those with severely compromised immune systems may need more. There are homeopathics that are popular this time of year such as, oscillococcinum. It is natures # 1 flu medicine. Colloidal Silver water is a natural antibiotic. Garlic is an incredible natural antibiotic and tastes great. Wild Mediterranean oregano oil is famous for knocking out virus, bacteria and fungus.
60% of our immune system is in our “gut”, therefore it is important to maintain an adequate amount of “friendly bacteria”. Most people supplement with acidophilus and bifidophilus to achieve this, for the typical American diet, antibiotics and other prescription medications destroy these good bacteria.
Essential oils can also be used to enhance immunity. A disinfecting room mist can be made by taking a glass 4 oz. glass bottle with a sprayer and adding a total of 90 drops of each; rosemary, tea tree and peppermint essential oils and fill the rest with spring or distilled water. Shake 100 times and let it sit for 24 hrs before use.
It does take a substantial effort to build immunity and achieve optimum health but….you and your family are worth it!!! Also try keeping your head and core body temperature warm in the cold outdoors.
In closing I would suggest to anyone that you take your time, do your research, analyze your health status or needs and then find the natural products to meet your needs. It something you can do for yourself, and your family, which leaves you with a very good understanding of your health care needs. Many people go through life relying solely on other people when it comes to their nutrition or health care needs. Their are many good articles on the web, which can be very helpful and informative to you. So educate yourself in the simple, natural treatments and remedies – find what works and share the knowledge with those you love.
This Article is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Always consult your doctor when seeking medical advice.
- Boost Your Immune System (barbsfitublog.wordpress.com)
- Tips and Tricks for Staying Healthy During Your Travels (epicatravel.com)
- Immune-boosting Foods You’ll Love (everydayfamily.com)
- Eating to Boost Your Immune System: What to Eat and What to Avoid to Keep Colds and Flu Away (lifebalancehealthcoach.wordpress.com)
- Probiotics to Combat Winter Hitting My Kids (therighthandmom.com)
- Boost your Immune System with the Essential Nutrients (suchetaroydas.wordpress.com)
- How to Kill a Cold (taliamarcheggiani.com)
- Boost your Immune System with Herbal Health Supplements (dayakerrao.wordpress.com)
- 5 Natural Antibiotic Solutions for Antibiotic-Resistant Infections (naturalsociety.com)
- Viruses can have immune systems: A pirate phage commandeers the immune system of bacteria (sciencedaily.com)