First, let me remind you that the best overall skin care product you can use is olive oil. Weather you suffer from dry or itchy skin, or just wish to improve the appearance and texture of your skin, you would be hard pressed to do better than pure, extra virgin olive oil. This can be applied straight from the bottle, and can be used on any part of the skin including the face.
The curative properties of Olive Oil, both internal and external are nothing short of miraculous and I would like to share with you a recent experience that serves as a reminder to me how some of the most common elements surrounding us often remain overlooked.
There is an After-Shower Oil that is extremely simple to prepare and is an excellent curative for virtually any skin irritation including eczema and psoriasis.
Please remember that while a lesser grade of olive oil can be used for everyday purposes, if you are attempting to treat a serious skin condition, the extra virgin is made from the first press of the olive and retains the most important curative properties that you are searching for.
Blend the oils together, and if desired, add several drops of your favorite essential oil for fragrance. This can be applied to the skin at any time. For all-over skin conditioning, apply the oil immediately after your bath or shower, then pat dry. A special note for women who shave their legs: This oil treatment will completely eliminate any itching or dry flaking skin after shaving. It is simply the best after-bath oil you will ever try.
Another oil that has fantastic properties for the skin is coconut oil. This oil is solid at room temperature and is liquid at body temperature. It is good for all over. It smells wonderful and feels wonderful and it tastes good too. You could get quite hooked on using it.
- Explaining how extra virgin olive oil protects against Alzheimer’s disease (eurekalert.org)
- Herb Infused Olive Oil & Olive Oil Recipe | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Compound In Extra Virgin Olive Oil Could Protect Against Alzheimer’s Disease (accidentvictimsalliance.com)
- How Extra Virgin Olive Oil Protects Against Alzheimer’s Disease (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Extra virgin, virgin, original; what’s the difference ? (thebookofolive.wordpress.com)
- The Secret to Olive Oil’s Anti-Alzheimer’s Powers (blogs.smithsonianmag.com)
- Olive Oil Tasting Party & How to Taste Olive Oil | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)