Dear Dr. Mom, Finding a natural remedy to sickness or an ailment isn’t hard. A quick visit to a health food store to speak with a clerk who is well versed in what herbs are natural remedies for what ailment can provide a wealth of knowledge. Also a quick surfing tour of the internet using natural remedy as a keyword for the search can provide a great deal of knowledge.
When looking for a natural remedy use common sense and add a grain of salt to what you may be told. Some people take it to an extreme and think there is a natural remedy for everything. Not true, but if you use common sense and logic you’ll probably find a natural remedy for most ailments. After all, for many hundreds of years there was no such thing as a pharmaceutical industry, and using a natural remedy to cure an illness was the only way an illness could be cured.
The world of the natural remedy is varied and multi faceted. A few examples however are very common and should be known by everyone. For instance,
- zinc is a great natural remedy for colds.
- Tea tree oil is an antiseptic and antifungal
- Cranberries are a natural remedy for urinary track infections, especially common for women.
- Aloe Vera juice applied to cuts and abrasions is a natural remedy that does wonders for healing and taken internally can sooth a fiery gut
- Garlic is a natural remedy for heart disease and an immune system strengthening agent.
- Seeds from the common pumpkin are a natural remedy to rid the body of parasites.
- Apple cider vinegar is a multifunctional natural remedy for many diseases, and an overall cleanser of the system.
- Wild Yam cream topically helps to balance hormones during menopause
- St. John’s Wort is a natural remedy for depression symptoms.
- Coconut oil alleviates dementia and forgetfulness and maybe also ADHD
- Turmeric also enhances brain function
- Oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit, and other citrus fruits are full of vitamins and a great natural remedy for the common cold, as is chicken soup.
- White vinegar is a natural remedy for toe fungus when the feet are soaked in it.
- Cinnamon is a natural remedy for high blood pressure and much safer than pharmacological solutions.
- Grape seed and Saw Palmetto is an ancient natural remedy for prostate problems, common in middle aged and older men.
- Finding a natural remedy in tea is also easy.
- Green tea boosts the immune system,
- ginger tea aids digestion, and
- most teas in general help keep the system flushed out and pure.
With this in mind, it is easy to see that a natural remedy is usually an option for almost any minor health problem. Keep adding to your collection, using cause to effect logic, and your knowledge of application and diseases and your family will enjoy good health and vitality under your careful supervision.
- Holistic Remedies for Common Pregnancy Ailments (everydayfamily.com)
- Natural Remedies for the Family (everydayfamily.com)
- Health Table (nhomeremedies.wordpress.com)
- Try Herbal and Natural Remedies for Weight Loss (herbalandnaturalremediesblog.wordpress.com)
- Natural remedies- Can It Actually Boost Your Health More Than the Pharmacological Medicines? (myhomeremedyblog.wordpress.com)