When was the last time we bought something creative, unique and totally special for our mothers to show them that we love and remember them? When was the last time we got them a special gift to tell them that their sacrifice for us is appreciated?
Motherhood is an extremely special experience and it’s an experience that no man will ever be able to experience. Regardless of how we were raised and how our mothers nagged us when we were younger, the sacrifice cannot compare to any other types of sacrifices we’ve made in our lives – rivaled only by OUR sacrifice for our children. Only when we become mothers ourselves will we be able to understand the true magnitude of motherhood.
A special gift says a lot
Forget about the conventional, off-the-shelves books, picture frames, calendars, organizers, flowers, vases and what-have-you. Your mom won’t say they’re not special and will take the gift with a smile and a big thank you (and a hug) but they’re not really the kind of special gift that they, your mothers, will thank you, remember and cherish for a long time to come.
The pure convenience of the purchase speaks for itself. It’s nothing special.
So, what’s a special and unique gift?
A truly special gift is something that your mother will look back 5 or maybe 10 years down the road and smile to herself, her heart with burst and her face will beam with pride. The sacrifice, the love and the commitment was worth it, she’d think to herself. As she watches you ‘mother’ around your own children, she will think it was all worth it because she did the right thing.
A special gift should be something that reminds her of you, of motherhood.
Some ideas of a special gift you can get for your mom:
- A motherhood-related product – this could be something related to motherhood, with a simple but meaningful quote to remind her of her motherhood years.
- Something you’ve designed or created
- A custom-made special gift designed especially for her
- Something you and your own children have come up with over the weekend or something you’ve worked on for a long time, like a scrapbook or a decorative doll
- A poem you’ve written
- A special home-made CD (maybe a special CD) of a vacation with you and your family in it
To find the right special gift for your mother, start with your mother’s personality.
- What does she like?
- What kind of memories does she have of raising her children?
- What are her hobbies and interests?
And once you’ve put your finger on what interests her, finding the right kind of special gift for you should be easy enough.
- Ready For Motherhood? (mommabear12.wordpress.com)
- In a Mother’s Words (pinklilliesandbg.com)
- Motherhood: The Great Equalizer among Women (Including Celebrities) (acculturated.com)
- Motherhood Unveiled… (simplybeingmommyblog.wordpress.com)
- Motherhood (saadiqspeaks.wordpress.com)
- motherhood | washington dc photographer (stefanieharrington.com)